top of page
HAPPENINGS AT THE HOMESTEAD
The Mather Homestead's events are designed to fulfill our mission of preserving the Homestead and property as a treasured place for public education and enjoyment. JOIN US!
- Tue, Oct 03Mather Homestead gardenOct 03, 6:00 PMJoin us for a talk featuring Mattie Kahn, author of "Young and Restless: The Girls Who Sparked America's Revolutions” and Reena Ninan, television journalist. 6 pm beverages & hors d'oeuvres, 7 pm discussion.
- Tue, Oct 10Fraunces Tavern, New YorkOct 10, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMWe'll tour and dine at Fraunces Tavern, a historical landmark and the oldest & most historical bar in the city. It was the watering hole for many of the founding fathers. George Washington gathered his troops there to thank them for their service after the British troops left America. Limited to 10.
- Mon, Oct 16www.matherhomestead.org/essay-contestOct 16, 9:00 AM – Nov 20, 9:00 PMOur second annual essay contest is open to middle schoolers (grades 6 to 8). We will launch the contest on October 16 with essays due Friday, December 1 by 9 pm. Winners will be announced on Friday, December 15th. Stay tuned for essay topic! Please "RSVP" to let us know you intend to submit!
- Sat, Oct 21The Mather HomesteadOct 21, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PMThe Fall Harvest Festival is in its fifth year! Join us for hay rides, petting zoo, face painting, pumpkin decorating, crafts, games, cider & donuts, live music & more! Geared towards ages 3 to 12, but all are welcome! Tickets - members: $15 adult/$10 child, non-members: $20 adult/$15 child.
- Thu, Nov 09MH BarnNov 09, 12:00 PMJoin us for our third Brown Bag lecture featuring local Revolutionary War buff Eric Chandler about Connecticut in the American Revolution! BYO lunch. Dessert & bevs provided.
- Thu, Nov 16The Mather HomesteadNov 16, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMPoetry with Samantha: “Paul Revere’s Ride". Come read this classic American poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and discuss its origins and the role 19th century poetry played in the making of American identity … and myth.
- Sun, Jan 21The Mather HomesteadJan 21, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PMLocal author, Laurence Jurdem, discusses his new book, "The Rough Rider and the Professor," which evokes the political intrigue of the Gilded Age and chronicles the extraordinary thirty-five-year friendship between President Theodore Roosevelt and Senator Henry Cabot Lodge of Massachusetts.
- Sat, Feb 10The Mather Homestead BarnFeb 10, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMDeborah Sampson, the first woman to enlist, fight, and be honorably discharged from the American Military, captivates audiences in an hour-long program chronicling her life. Played by actress Judith Kalalora. Family event with audience participation!
- Sat, Feb 10The Mather Homestead BarnFeb 10, 2024, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMDeborah Sampson, the first woman to enlist, fight, and be honorably discharged from the American Military, captivates audiences in an hour-long program chronicling her life. Played by actress Judith Kalalora.
- Sat, Mar 02The Mather HomesteadMar 02, 2024, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PMBrought to you by the MH Junior Board: Allison Arneill, Tasha Blair, Taylor Carlson, Lauren Frank, Caitlin Griswold, Sarah Guilbride, Sally Houlihan, Ania Janis, Stephanie Kramer, Paige Kyle, Sarah Henderson, Jessica Merrill, Kate Piselli, Whitney Ranson, Lauren Swenson
bottom of page