Listen to Audio Tour for this location:
Built in 1927, the cottage built here was replaced by a guest house in 1936, which still stands today.
The cottage was first built in 1927 as a gardener’s cottage. In 1936, Bertha Mather replaced it with a guest house, built on the former building’s foundation. According to Jane Nickerson, Bertha’s daughter, the guest house was occupied by various family members whose stays varied in duration from short-term to long-term. Please proceed to Site #5: The Field - just down the driveway towards the red barn.